Center for Media at Risk
We are in uncharted waters. Intimidation threatens media practitioners worldwide, and disinformation campaigns destabilize public trust. The Center for Media at Risk offers the chance to strategize in response to the multiple risks facing media practitioners globally. Knowing how media practitioners work under the uneven power dynamics posed by authoritarian, racist, misogynist, homophobic, classist and settler-colonialist regimes can help free/defend/empower/protect/save the media.
Center for Media at Risk Goals
- Identify risks to media practitioners
- Clarify patterns of threat and intimidation worldwide
- Identify practices of resistance among media practitioners
- Facilitate programming that sustains discussion of media practitioners at risk
- Foster strategizing between media practitioners and academics about risk and resistance