Date of this Version
- Invention is not an innate skill available to only a select few; it can be learned.
- Defining the need is the first step to determining the solution.
- A need statement helps define the problem concisely.
- Need specification is critical to defining the attributes required for device success.
- Invest in ideas that have the best chance of success by considering the market size, reimbursement pathways, and technology gaps.
- An algorithmic approach can be used in the stages of invention.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
Dao, Diane and Brenner, Jacob
"Identifying Unmet Needs: Problems that Need Solutions,"
Academic Entrepreneurship for Medical and Health Scientists: Vol. 1
, Article 1.
Available at: https://repository.upenn.edu/ace/vol1/iss4/1