Date of this Version
- Women and marginalized groups are underrepresented in STEM-related and entrepreneurial fields
- These populations face many challenges in these fields, including:
○ Finding funding sources for their project and/or lacking knowledge of where to obtain funding
○ Risking their academic standing if their project is not based on incentives deemed as academic
○ Conscious and unconscious bias
○ Lack of diverse groups in review and decision-making roles
○ Limited access to experienced mentors
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
Fleisher, Linda and Marquez, Alexandra
"A Seat at the Table: Special Considerations for Women and Underrepresented Groups in Academic Entrepreneurship,"
Academic Entrepreneurship for Medical and Health Scientists: Vol. 1
, Article 7.
Available at: https://repository.upenn.edu/ace/vol1/iss1/7