Date of this Version
- The startup team built in the early phases of commercialization can be a critical determinant in a company’s future success.
- A primary technological and/or scientific founder should be established, along with a CEO who can assist with business planning.
- Secondary team members such as marketing and regulatory personnel, should be brought on, if applicable.
- Tertiary team members and consultants can include entrepreneurs in residence, human resources, business lawyers, software engineers and scientific advisory boards.
- Creative employee compensation strategies should be considered in order to maximize limited financial resources.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
Weber, Maura and Sunleaf, Zev
"Building a Successful Startup Team,"
Academic Entrepreneurship for Medical and Health Scientists: Vol. 1
, Article 4.
Available at: https://repository.upenn.edu/ace/vol1/iss1/4