Date of this Version
- Create “neutral space” opportunities, such as consortia and meetings, allowing for fruitful interactions.
- Protect the interests of all parties to ensure that academics can remain a credible source free from bias.
- Find and establish partnerships through corporate or government information “gatekeepers” and internal influencers.
- Work collaboratively to create a logic model to clarify shared goals and document the partnership’s objectives, success metrics, expectations, and timeline.
- Prior to committing to work together, anticipate potential problems and challenges in the partnership and, if the partnership proceeds, develop strategies to resolve issues.
- Start small: confirm and establish a framework for engagement by implementing short-term projects and goals.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 4.0 License.
Sun, Joy and Winston, Flaura
"Forming and Maintaining Meaningful Partnerships Between Academic Scientists and Corporations,"
Academic Entrepreneurship for Medical and Health Scientists: Vol. 1
, Article 3.
Available at: https://repository.upenn.edu/ace/vol1/iss1/3